Translate

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Dolphins

Dolphins generally get a good press. Many people have swimming with dolphins on their bucket list. We like dolphins! Well I don't!
When people are asked why they like dolphins, they usually quote the old chestnut about dolphins being as intelligent as humans. That is not much of boast in my opinion. Just look at the participants on the Jeremy Kyle Show (Jerry Springer Show for Americans).

 Just look around you. Everything that you see that has been manufactured was invented by humans. What have dolphins ever invented? I'll tell you what they haven't invented, a device for identifying tuna nets! Whenever this fact is pointed out, the usual comeback is to point out that the US Navy has trained dolphins to attach mines to the hulls of enemy ships. If they are so smart, why aren't they attaching some of those mines to the hulls of tuna fishing vessels?

19 comments:

  1. Do bottlenose dolphins have a drink problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If dolphins are so friendly, they should be easy to catch. Why aren't we eating dolphin steaks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would eat them if they were dipped in chocolate Fatty.

      Delete
    2. Just because I'm fat, it does not mean I eat anything.

      Delete
    3. Well I know you don't eat salad

      Delete
  3. dolphins are cute. I don't really care how clever they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolphins sure are cute, but I prefer wombats.

      Delete
  4. I swam with dolphins. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the dolphins loved it.

      Delete
  5. I think dolphins are overrated. Sharks are far more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kissed a dolphin at a waterpark. It stank. I have never liked them since.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dolphin tattoo picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you got a dolphin tattoo Bex?

      Delete
  9. Why do tins of tuna say "dolphin friendly"? I bet the tuna didn't even know the dolphin's name.

    ReplyDelete